Conversational English Program
We offer a free conversational program that provides an opportunity for all International students, families and visitors to Knoxville to…
- Practice everyday English conversation with a partner one-on-one
- Cultivate friendships with American students and families
- Exchange cultural information in a comfortable setting
- Discuss religious and other topics of interest
- Participate in “Pot luck” dinners and other social events
English as a Second Language Program
We also offer a formal English as a Second Language class that teaches…
- modern English vocabulary
- sentence structure, grammar, idioms and expressions
- useful language for daily life such as:
- grocery shopping
- ordering at a restaurant
- reading labels and recipes
- buying a car
Fields trips are used to practice new skills together with the goal of making your transition to living here enjoyable and safe.
Times: Wednesday evening
Conversational class 6:45-7:45 p.m.
ESL class 6:45-7:45 p.m.
Children may attend Laurel’s children’s Bible classes or ESL Bible classes from 6:45-7:45 p.m.